This qualification has been designed to enable learners to develop the digital skills for life and introducing learners to skills for work and will cover a range of topics from communicating by text, video or email to staying safe and protecting your privacy online
The course will cover the following subjects using devices and handling information, creating and editing, communicating, transacting and being safe and responsible online
Learners must have the following foundation skills before enrolling on the entry level qualification:
· turning on a device (including entering and updating any account information safely, such as a password)
· using the available controls on a device (such as a mouse and keyboard for a computer, or touchscreen on a smartphone or tablet)
· making use of accessibility tools (including assistive technology) to make devices easier to use (such as changing display settings to make content easier to read)
· interacting with the home screen on a device
· connecting to the internet (including Wi-Fi) safely and securely, and opening a browser
· opening and accessing an application on a device.
· A pen and paper for taking notes.
· You will need online access to your email account.
· Each stage will have a tutor demonstration followed by practical tasks to be carried out.
· One-to-one help and handouts will be provided.
· A variety of online resources will be used.
· Each practical task will be checked and understanding will be checked during individual discussion with learners.
· There will be a series of assignments set during the course that should be passed to achieve the qualification.
It is expected that learners will practice their skills between sessions.
· Upon successful completion of the course you can to move on to Essential Digital Skills - Level 1